Midtown Detroit is a great place to live, work and play. WSU welcomes interns who wish to reside on the campus of Wayne State University during their internship. We offer, safe, convenient and affordable housing for interns who are employed in Detroit and the surrounding areas. Spring/Summer intern housing is available from May 10 to August 8, 2020 in the Anthony Wayne Drive Apartments.
As the plan for the Fall/Winter semesters housing develops, information regarding intern housing will become available. Please check back here for updates or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a notification if applications can be accepted.
Interns are required to contract for a minimum of 30 consecutive nights. All requests are on a first come first served basis. Enrollment at Wayne State University is not a requirement for intern housing. A reservation for a single requires a minimum 60 night stay. Apartments are assigned only after full payment for the contracted dates has been received. Rate information is available directly in the application when choosing an apartment type.
Anthony Wayne Drive Apartments opened in the Fall of 2018 and provides housing for interns who choose to live there in the spring/summer semester.
- Spacious furnished apartments
- Full size beds
- Desk, chair and closet per resident
- In-unit kitchens that include dishwashers and microwaves
- Studio, one-, two- and four-bedroom apartments
- Social lounges on each floor
- Community and collaboration rooms
- Shared laundry facilities on each floor
- High speed internet, cable, streaming TV and Wi-Fi
- Staffed 24 hour welcome desk
- Air conditioned
- Apartment layouts and photos
Amenities available for purchase
- One linen set to use during your stay
- Meal plan and/or Warrior Dollars
- Parking pass
- Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center membership pass
When submitting your contract for intern housing you will need to provide two documents along with a nonrefundable $25 application fee.
- Documentation from your current academic institution verifying your student status. This can be a Winter or Fall class schedule or a letter from your Admissions, Registrar, or Dean of Students. Transcripts are not required. Enrollment at Wayne State University is not a requirement for intern housing.
- A letter from your internship employer verifying your employment. A copy of your offer/acceptance letter will suffice.