Midtown Detroit is a great place to live, work and play. WSU welcomes interns who wish to reside on the campus of Wayne State University during their internship. We offer, safe, convenient and affordable housing for interns who are employed in Detroit and the surrounding areas. Intern housing is available May 14 to Aug. 6, 2022.
Interns are required to contract for a minimum of 30 consecutive nights. All requests are on a first come first served basis. Enrollment at Wayne State University is not a requirement for intern housing. Apartments are assigned only after full payment for the contracted dates has been received. Rate information is available directly in the application when choosing a room type.
Anthony Wayne Drive Apartments are air conditioned units where each apartment has a full size bed, in-unit kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. There is a shared laundry facility on most floors. A limited number of studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and four bedroom apartments are available. Apartment layouts and photos can be found here.
Amenities Available for Purchase
- One linen set to use during your stay
- Meal plan and/or Warrior Dollars
- OneCard Dollars
- Parking pass
- Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center membership pass
When submitting your contract for intern housing you will need to provide two documents along with a nonrefundable $30 application fee.
- Documentation from your current academic institution verifying your student status. This can be a Winter or Fall class schedule or a letter from your Admissions, Registrar, or Dean of Students. Transcripts are not required. Enrollment at Wayne State University is not a requirement for intern housing.
- A letter from your internship employer verifying your employment. A copy of your offer/acceptance letter will suffice.