Clinician Housing Overview
Leon H. Atchison Hall
5110 Anthony Wayne Drive
Detroit, MI 48202
Front Desk: 313-577-9852
Parking for your stay has been arranged for you in Parking Structure #2. This secured structure is open 24/7. Check-in at Atchison Hall first to get your access card with parking.
How to Enter/Exit PS#2
- Parking Structure #2 is located at 5150 Lodge Service Drive bordered by Kirby Street and Anthony Wayne Drive. Maximum clearance is 6'8".
- PS#2 can be accessed by entering through Gate 4.
- From Warren Ave., turn north onto the John C. Lodge Service Drive.
- Swipe the access card through the reader labeled WSU Assigned card swipe.
- To exit, swipe the access card again. Be sure to keep your access card when checking out so you can exit PS#2.
- Parking help is available 24/7 by pressing the call button at any gate.
Keys and conference cards
Guests will receive a room key and conference card. The card grants access to the residence hall and laundry facilities. The key grants you access to your room. Please take your key and conference card with you any time you leave your room. The fee for a lost room key is $150, a lost conference card is $20, and room lockouts are $20 per occurrence.
Non-residential guest policy
For safety and security reasons, nonresidential Atchison Hall guests are not permitted above the first floor.
In the event of any type of emergency, contact the front desk of your residence hall or call
313-577-2222. DO NOT DIAL 911.
Kitchenettes are available for use by guests and are located on the third and fifth floors of Atchison Hall in rooms 365 and 565 respectively. Each contains a stove, a refrigerator and a microwave.
There are no ice machines located in the residence hall.
Internet and WI-FI
WSU-Public is a Wi-Fi network designed for Wayne State guests and visitors and is available in your room and across campus.
To connect to WSU-Public:
- In the wireless internet options of your computer or mobile device, select WSU-Public. Launch a web browser. The WSU-Public login should appear automatically. If not, enter a URL, to see the WSU-Public login page.
- Please Note: The network is available to the public, but the use is subject to certain restrictions. Wireless internet access is available throughout the building at no additional charge
The residence hall is equipped with a laundry room on the first floor. Download the PayRange App, add funds, and then swipe payment to activate a washer or dryer. If you prefer, you can still choose to pay with coins.
If linens were pre-ordered as part of your stay, please leave them in a pile in your room upon check out.
Report any maintenance issues you may have to the Atchison Hall front desk staff or by calling the desk at 313-577-9852.